Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hiding the Neighbor's Nasty...

So Saturday morning around 11:30 Preston said "what do you want to do today?" I said "oh, I dunno, how about you?" He said, "Let's build a fence to hide the neighbors nasty house!" I said, "Sounds like a plan!!!" This is how our best weekends typically get started. Let's just face it, when you have such a great time together already and you add the spontaneous home improvement to the list you just have a winning pair. Let me tell you.

We make a trip to Lowes, get the Posts at $11 a pop,  get concrete and get to work at the home front taking down the falling down and rotting existing fence. Boy did I have fun with that! It didn't take much force, but it was crazy fun tearing down something so ugly!
When we had finished with that we started digging holes for the posts and got a little kooky as we went!









Once we had finished doing holes, pouring concrete and one set of rails, we called it a night. Next morning we woke up had kolaches,  and got fence planks and more nails. As a side note, I think it is just the most saddest thing in the world that people outside of Texas can't get Texas Kolaches, I mean its just not right. 

Anyways, we really went along without a hitch, which is strange for us but we didn't really fight it. Well except when Preston had to take off about 4 boards and while he was doing that the hammer fell out of his hands and he did a weird move like a crazy sissy man, and our nice Mexican neighbors saw and started laughing saying "Crazy Gringos".  Throughout the day I kept telling Preston that "hammering is my calling" and "If I could just nail wood all day long I would be a happy girl. I feel as if I should mention this, we used a hammer and nails only, no nail gun or air compressor here, just good old fashioned bruit force.  I think I might need so make shirts with things we say from our blog to sell on here. Comment with your thoughts on that please-or anything else that pops into your mind. I see people read this but I never hear from you which makes me sad. 

 In the end we are exhausted, but have "The great wall of Ragsdale" as the fruits of our labors. Also, Preston just told me, "we may not do things that well, but at least we give it all we got!" 

More soon, gotta get the inside of the house beautiful for my cousins baby shower! 

That's me blogging!






 When we went inside to take a little Whiskey break we found our Willie Nelson Kitty like this.



Also, while we were building our Great Wall of Ragsdale, a girl scout was walking the street selling cookies and when she was walking up to our house she told her grandma "Wow, this house is huge!" Preston and I heard but didn't let her know that and when she was walking up the walkway we hollered to her saying "oh we're over here" she came running over and said your house is soooooo pretty! Needless to say we got a box of Tagalogs and ate the whole thing that night. lol

2 comments:

  1. My only question is...why is there a pedophile's van in your garage? Pretty sure that vehicle was described during the last Amber Alert...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, That was my parents van and they gave it to us. I promise we don't moonlight as pedophiles on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete