Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentines Magnolia and more yellow Jacket invasion

My sweet husband surprised me on Valentines day with a beautiful Magnolia tree! When he told me about the great lengths he and his friend John went to in order to get me and John's wife each a tree I though it was the absolute sweetest thing a man could do for a woman! They had decided to get their wives a magnolia tree and the search was on. It was Valentines day and they went on a search for 2 beautiful, big and not too expensive trees. After visiting many many many Home Depots and Lowes they found 2 that would work. Since neither of us wives knew about the surprise they were feverishly trying to get both trees to their homes without raising suspicion. They incredibly pulled it off! We were both surprised and thrilled!

The next day Preston and I started digging the massive hole for the tree and wouldn't you know, the exact place we wanted to put the tree had a huge stump that needed to be removed first, so after digging around the stump Preston got the chain, truck and magically the stump came out like melted butter. Once we got the tree in we cleaned up the driveway and while we were just about to call it a day our neighbors little dogs scared some young boy (who was skateboarding down our side of the street) he jumped off his board, ran over by us, and the dogs were relentlessly barking and growling. Now, keep in mind these little dogs are ugly, mean, and have come over to our house many times and scared the poo out of me. If I had the opportunity I would drop kick them into next week. The scared boy realized that when he lept off his board it kept rolling, and he went to get it back, at that precise time there was a car just about to hit the board. Luckily no one was hurt, but those dogs have pushed it a little bit too far. When an innocent boy is trying to play outside and almost gets run over because of some dogs it has pushed me to the edge. I'm taking it to the city. Wish me luck.

As a side note, we named our Magnolia tree Hazel. There is a wonderful wise woman I work with named Hazel and she has always been there for us to talk to and has supported Preston and I throughout all our journeys.

Now, we are going into the attic for the 3rd time to get after the yellow jacket invasion. I swear, I almost just want to rip off the whole roof, destroy their lives and put on a tin roof. Finances are keeping us from that. We also are having to get rid of the Yellow Jackets by ourselves because all of the quotes I got for a pro to do it were upwards of $1000 which we don't have. If anyone out there is a millionare and wants to donate to the cause let me know.

More on the yellow jackets after we get done with them.....time to be John Wayne and man up.



No comments:

Post a Comment