Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Home renovation heals the soul

"They" say that everyone grieves in their own way, and I think I have realized my kind home renovation soothes my soul. Yesterday my grandma (Mammaw) passed away, she was fighting for her life for seven months, between cancer, pneumonia,  staff infection, and countless other things she went to see Jesus on her 70th birthday.

With having the day off of work and no school I was faced with an empty day with the feeling of sadness to company me. I needed to do something, so when I woke up I realized one of the last rooms upstairs that needs work is the guest bedroom! So after Preston went to work, I began to work. Now, this room has been a pain in the butt for a little bit. Preston spent countless hours scraping the popcorn off the ceiling and mudding and sanding it all to realize it still looked like crap so then we painted half of the ceiling with a sand textured paint, still looked like crap. So today I started off by getting some  paint stripper, didn't work. So I took off the air vent and had a thought: What is the sheet rock covering? You guessed it, just like the kitchen floor I called Preston and asked what he thought about me ripping out the whole ceiling. He (being the most incredible man in the world) said go for it! One of the best things about Preston is he let's me do all my kookie crazy borderline insane ideas, and sometimes they actually work out perfectly!

So I began tearing down all the sheet rock, and tearing down the wallpaper with fabric backing. And under it all, yes, a beautiful wooden ceiling. So I painted it white, 2 coats, painted the walls, and most of the trim. (I would have painted all the trim but I ran out of paint)


       *Pictures*



             You can't see the color of the wall too well, but trust me, it's a beautiful light golden yellow. Thank you ass hole again for breaking into our home and stealing both of our digital cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment